All I know is that we have to roll with the punches. So we had to figure out how to find healthy choices that the little man could have fun eating. Because I’m all about having fun!
So, I am going to talk about how to make meals and snack times fun while your kids are learning to eat a variety of foods.
- Don’t worry about messes: The golden rule of having fun with food is to let go of all control and forget about keeping baby clean. Part of their learning to pick food up and feed themselves is playing with food. Let them get their hands dirty…or better yet, let them get totally dirty. (Then you can have even more fun taking a bath after supper).
- Show ’em how it’s done: Smile, laugh, and say MMMMMM while you eat it shows the lil’ ones that what they have in front of them is not just a toy but something yummy too.
- Make snacks about finger foods: When adults snack we often dig into a bag of chips or cookies…or veggies…whatever you’re into. Well, do the same for the kiddos, these days they make tons of great options for the little ones so check out your choices. Finger foods are fun and give my little man some independence during snack time and helps him figure out the whole eating thing. It’s a win-win situation.
Now, I have to admit, I am just figuring this all out myself. I don’t know what kind of snacks to give Harrison since he is just starting to eat 3 square meals a day. So I headed to Target this weekend to check out some of our options.
Browsing the shelves in the toddler department at Target, we saw a lot of the snacks we have used before, but I wanted to find some healthier options for snacking away from home. At home, it is much easier to serve fruits or veggies, but when you are out and about you need something a little more portable.
That’s where Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM come into play…and they really were a game changer for us this weekend when we had a four-hour car ride to endure with our little teething baby boy. Plus, we had a family picnic with some of my cousins and aunts and uncles on Saturday and I knew that once we all get visiting the afternoon picnic can easily stretch into the evening. So, it is a good idea to be prepared with some options for Harrison.
Lil’ Beanies come in a canister that makes it easy to throw in the diaper bag for those long car rides and to bring along to a family get together or picnic.
I always worry about snacks and what Harrison will and will not be able to eat but Lil’ Beanies dissolved pretty quickly and my little guy was able to snack on these, no problem.
Here are some of the other things I love about Gerber’s Lil’ Beanies snacks:
- They are healthy! They are made of navy beans and have 2 grams of protein, which is something I love to see. They also pack 1 gram of fiber and 10 percent of your kiddo’s daily vitamin E serving. Plus it’s baked and flavored naturally.
- They come in two flavors: original flavor as well as white cheddar broccoli flavor. Harrison wasn’t too sure about the latter at first but seemed to like it more and more after every taste. And I taste tested it too…and the latter was my fave! 🙂
- They are easy to eat: The whole point of snacks to me is fun, fun, fun! And like I said before I wanted something that would make my little man feel happy and independent and Lil’ Beanies did that. I was giving him some in the car while we were on our long trip and he started grabbing them right out of my hand and sticking them greedily into his cute lil’ mouth. So, I mark that as a success!
Now, was a good time for us to try Gerber Lil’ Beanies since right now we could take advantage of the Ibotta offer at Target, which you can check out, too (Click Here for Offer) while supplies last. So, head to Target’s Baby/Toddler department and pick up a couple canisters of Gerber Lil’ Beanies in the naturally flavored Original or White Cheddar & Broccoli. Check out the link HERE and then visit me on social media or comment below on how you guys like Gerber Lil’ Beanies! I’m excited to hear about your experience!